Health Benefits of Pistachios
If you’re really interested, you should read about pistachios at the Health Benefits of Pistachios website. But we’ll cover the basics in this article.
Are Pistachios good for you?
People generally love eating various types of nuts. Nuts can be consumed as snacks and also as an ingredient in many sweets and main dishes. If you like nuts, why not try pistachios? They are not only healthy but also help in keeping your body weight under control and reducing many heart problems. Pistachios are dry fruits grown under hot, dry climates where the winters are cool. From the time the plants first take root, it takes about 8 to 10 years until the first crop can be harvested. The plant then bears fruits for centuries.
There are many health benefits of pistachios that are essential for a healthy living.
Pistachios are nutritious
- They are very rich in protein, fats and minerals.
- They have abundance of fatty acids and antioxidants. The benefits of pistachios if consumed regularly are increase in good HDL cholesterol levels, and prevention of coronary artery diseases.
- The benefits of pistachios include they are rich in vitamin-E, which helps in maintaining the wholeness of cell membranes of the mucus membranes and skin. It also offers protection from oxygen less organics
- They are rich in phytochemical substances adding to the antioxidant activity. These compounds remove toxic oxygen free radicals protecting the body from cancer and diseases.
- They are full of B complex vitamins like riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, vitaminB6 and pantothenic acid.
Pistachios are good for your heart
- They have abundance of fatty acids and antioxidants. The benefits of pistachios if consumed regularly are increase in good HDL cholesterol levels, and prevention of coronary artery diseases
- They also contain 1-arginine that give flexibility to the arteries, controls blood clot, reducing chances oh heart attacks,
- Because of vitamin E in abundance chances of plaque entering the arteries are lessened.
There are many more health benefits of pistachios
- Presence of vitamin A and vitamin E reduces inflammations in the body.
- The phosphorus presence helps in preventing diabetics
- Abundance of vitamin B6 ensures a healthy immune system.
- Due to the fatty acids, stimulates the growth of healthy strands of hair, strengthens the locks and treats color damage and treats split ends.
Pistachios are available in various forms but it is more healthy and nutritious when in raw and shelled form. Stock the shelled pistachios in an airtight container in a cool and dry place. They can be in good shape for more than a year if kept in a freezer. There is no doubt that pistachios are very much beneficial to one’s health.
Health Benefits of Pistachios. http://www.pistachiohealthbenefits.com.